Keystone Mills was founded in 1894 in Ephrata, PA by John S. Kurtz. The family has been in the feed industry ever since. In the fall of 1985, Melvin Kurtz, great-grandson of the founder, moved his family to New York State on a mission for their church. His intention at the time was to leave the feed industry and raise his family on a farm. However, his passion for the feed business remained. By the late 1980’s he started construction of a mill facility and began manufacturing feed for the community. Through many years of diligent labor, along with the blessing of God, the business grew. Today, Keystone Mills operates two facilities in New York, one in Romulus and one in Moravia, providing feed for dairy, beef, poultry, swine, sheep, goats and equine.